View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 08:01 AM   #19
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Glass half full:

The Mavs are playing quality basketball despite missing Josh most of the season (and Josh is still knocking off massive amounts of rust) and Jet playing worse than he's ever played as a Mav.

Glass half empty:

We're almost a third of the way through the season. You can now (imo) legitimately start to ask if Jet is ever going to get it turned around this season. And make no mistake; the Mavs do absolutely nothing in the playoffs with Jet playing like this (barring a big trade).

As for tonight, Dirk was obviously fantastic. I chose to watch the game on ESPN tonight and they were lavishing him with praise all night.

After Dirk, the performances didn't really standout offensively. Where the Mavs obviously won this game was on the defensive side.

I'll mention this again: It's becoming absolutely routine for us to make life miserable for the primary offensive weapon on the other team. Wade put up a good slash line but he took a ton of shots to get his points. Tonight Durant was completely shut down, mainly by Marion.

I saw a comment by someone on a baseball board earlier this week that Marion is "frustratingly sucky", and it was met with general agreement. I really hope that this is not the prevailing notion of the less informed Mavs fan, because Shawn Marion has been absolutely fantastic for this team and is not getting nearly enough credit outside of this board for what he's done to this defense.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 12-17-2009 at 08:02 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote