View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #29
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I still say it's a 50/50 call, at best. You can get a better look with replays and can change your mind that way. The refs won't have that benefit. I still think Wright needs to be more assertive with the move and go a little more into Bogut, but that's clearly not his game.

The gripe over Portland is much more relevant compared to this one. Portland was a game they should have had and were there multiple times in the fourth quarter and obviously held a lead for a good chunk of the game. They needed run after run after the early portion of the game just to be able to sniff the lead against Golden State.
It may be 50/50 that you get the call - and that will vary quite a bit according to who the offensive player, and to a less extent who the defensive player is, I expect - but there's nothing 50/50 about the question of whether or not a foul was committed. Brandan was fouled. Whether or not Dallas led most of the game like they did against the Blazers, or had to fight and claw their way back into it like they did against the Warriors, is completely immaterial. In both cases they earned a trip to the free throw line by attacking the paint in the closing seconds of a tight game, only to see blown calls and non-calls distort their successes into TOs and losses. Does it happen? Sure. The refs are human, and mistakes are inevitable. Does that make it acceptable? Fuck no.

That said, I agree the Portland call was the more egregious error, and in all likelihood, if not for that blown charge on OJ and the loss that it precipitated, Rick wouldn't have made as much of the non-call last night. Salt don't hurt until it gets poured on an open wound.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 02-01-2013 at 05:07 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote