View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 09:25 AM   #90
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
I really don't understand where the Conley/Whiteside talk is coming from.

Why would Conley come to Dallas? Just because he likes the coach? He's in complete control at Memphis, will get a max contract for more, and has a competitive team around him. What does he get from Dallas? A coach and Dirk that is going to retire in 1-2 years? I'm just not seeing it.

Why would Whiteside come to Dallas? I actually haven't heard anyone say why he would even consider Dallas. In fact, I firmly believe that if he and Wade have any kind of friendship, then Wade would tell him to screw over Dallas simply because of 2011.

I understand the low balling Parsons, but it remains that we are unlikely to get a significant free agent without Parson and a on-the-retirement-door Dirk. So is this really just another "if we don't get player X, then we are going 100% rebuild mode and tanking"?
I hear you, but the frank fact is there is no easy FA path this summer. Just keeping Parsons and then signing f-z players isn't much of a plan either. And trying to lock him up to try and recruit other players puts us to where we were last season. Even then, you have to lock him up at the max THEN have him recruit...when he'll probably shop around himself. Those big names might not even be around at that point.

Mavs don't have any really good assets to make impactful trades so Conley/Whiteside is the best you could feasibly do.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote