View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 06:50 PM   #78
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Mavs are ready to move on from Parsons because he just screwed an aweseome pitch for Conley and Whiteside with not opting in.

With everyone opting out (Dirk, Parsons, Deron) we have ~61m cap. Chandler opting in fo his ~16m would still mean around 45m cap (i think Dirk gives the green light to re-sign for the small exection if they strike gold in the FA). Thats enough to offer Conley and Whiteside their max and make the pitch about having a complete awesome S5 (Conley-Wes-Parsons-Dirk-Whiteside) and three solid bench guys (Barea/Devin/Justin). Awesome looking team and pitch.

All Parsons had to do for this was collecting a 16m paycheck next season and trusting Cubans promise (pretty sure he made that) to take care of him next summer with a big contract. The Mavs trusted Parsons and gave him the huge contract (everyone saying they overpaid) and what did Parsons? Got hurt two times in a row and let a close friend screw the franchise last summer, after all the GM Parsons attention whore bullshit on social media. You should think that Parsons kind of "owned" the Mavs one (specially Dirk, who made Chandlers huge contract possible).

But again no, Chandler wasnt willing to do this. And its not even sacrificing something when you know that Cuban would always keep his word and pay him next summer. Now the pitch is "Wes and Dirk and around 15m to spend on someone we dont know who it would be"

So yeah im pretty tired of injuried Parsons, wannabe GM Parsons and "me first" Parsons and ready to move on. The last thing i want is the FO being on Chandlers door after midnight "here, you are awesome, take your 20m+ contract"

He fucked us two times in the playoffs, last summer as part of the Jordan bullshit and now he ruined an awesome FA situation (adding two max contracts to a Dirk/Wes/Parsons core) with selfish opting out. If he would be all about winning and Mavs are awesome and Dirk is awesome he would have give the franchise the possibilty to add two new max guys.

Im pretty sure Cuban was pretty pissed about Chandlers attitude here.

Last edited by sefant77; 06-23-2016 at 06:54 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote