View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 01:35 PM   #9
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro View Post

Not trying to pick a fight here, but making a trade with Nellie to bring two of his guys to your team sure looks like a move towards Nellie ball to me. Fair point on Jackson being a better 2 than Josh, and I'll agree that the trade would leave the Mavs with a more talented roster. But would it be a better one? In the end aren't you still basically just trading one shot chucking wing player and an undersized guard who needs to dominate the ball for a different shot chucking wing player and undersized guard to needs to dominate the ball. (Although in Barea's case we can substitute "needs to" with "gets to"...) I just don't think the Mavs would be getting all that much bang for the buck when compared to what a true low post scorer could bring.

Just my $0.02........
The way I look at it is it would essentially be the same type of set up we have here except better. We wouldn't necessarily be sacrificing traditional style for Nellie style, since the players would be similar in the type of production they offer. The only difference would be that we'd have more talent to acheive what we're trying to acheive with this team.

As far as a low post player, there really aren't that many available. Camby would be nice but he's a little too old to trade Howard for. Kaman would be good but I get the feeling they're going to try to hang on to him and wait to see how he and Griffin perform together.

We could always do this trade (or similar) and then trade Damp for a serviceable big with a loaded contract. Once Damp is cut, he will most likely come back here so we'll improve our talent / depth at all position and set ourselves up for a big push next season after the Damp trade.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote