View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 02:13 AM   #23
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
If your reason has to do with not playing defense, I'm not sure if there is a difference between the two. If it has to do with Amare being a sorry team player, then I might agree. Although I would still be scared of King James and Amare together.
Okay fine, I'll talk about it a little

The Lebrons already have a pretty fine big man that can run the pick and roll with James, Sideshow Bob. What they need is another player that can stretch the court out for Shaq. In a seven game series, especially an Eastern Conference seven game series, the game is going to slow down and end up being all about half court execution. To me, Jamison is a better suited player for James in the half court than Amare is. If this were a different type of team that didn't have guys like Shaq then I would say a James/Amare pairing would be scary. But, can you imagine a lineup of Mo Williams and Jamison spotting up with Lebron and Varejao working their two man game with a sprinkling of Shaq post ups here and there? That is the definition of "built for the playoffs" IMO. I agree that Amare lit it up with Nash during their playoff run a few years ago, but even at that type of production--they couldn't make it to the top. With Lebron, all you need is someone that can score 15 points by just taking jumpshots and that is Jamison.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote