View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 09:10 AM   #24
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Okay fine, I'll talk about it a little

The Lebrons already have a pretty fine big man that can run the pick and roll with James, Sideshow Bob. What they need is another player that can stretch the court out for Shaq. In a seven game series, especially an Eastern Conference seven game series, the game is going to slow down and end up being all about half court execution. To me, Jamison is a better suited player for James in the half court than Amare is. If this were a different type of team that didn't have guys like Shaq then I would say a James/Amare pairing would be scary. But, can you imagine a lineup of Mo Williams and Jamison spotting up with Lebron and Varejao working their two man game with a sprinkling of Shaq post ups here and there? That is the definition of "built for the playoffs" IMO. I agree that Amare lit it up with Nash during their playoff run a few years ago, but even at that type of production--they couldn't make it to the top. With Lebron, all you need is someone that can score 15 points by just taking jumpshots and that is Jamison.
Nice thoughts, but the Shaq/Jamison lineup wouldn't work, IMO. I do agree with the premise though. Shaq clogs the lane, Jamison really likes to work there. LBJ likes to cut there. Shaq doesn't play much defense anymore, and Jamison play even less. They might still win, but I think they would be stronger with a Haslem or "other" power forward as far as the team goes. IMO, they could also put a pure shooter like a Jason Kopono/Mike Miller or such out there to help them as well. Let's face it, LBJ will get to the rim at will, and Shaq still has a few overpowering post moves. IMO, It is now just a matter of outside shooting and defense.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote