View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 11:03 AM   #583
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

I agree with you about some of the cultural divides in Europe especially former Yugoslavia. But I think basketball has become much more popular and bigger that people outside of those countries are drawn to vote for someone like Luka who is very good at basketball but also very likeable. I also think that some here in the US are underestimating Lukas appeal to young fans and fans in general here.

I have been a Mavs fan since early 2000s and not a huge fan of the all star game so never really voted.

Having said that...I am Bosnian ( you know the history there) and living in the US. I am super excited about Lukas play and that he is on the Mavs. I HAVE VOTED FOR HIM AT LEAST 8 TIMES SO FAR

GOO MAVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by trukop View Post
It's crazy!!!!

In Spain, nobody thought (a couple weeks ago) that Luka, in his first season, could have a chance to smell the all star.

By the way, Europe is not USA or China. Trust me, nobody in Europe (or in Spain) is voting to Luka. Only people from Serbia (popullation: 7 million) could vote him. There are several diferent countries in Europe. People from one country only support people from their own country. It's very difficult that people from (for example) France vote to a Slovenian guy. In Europe, we only practice chauvinism with people of our country or foreign people of our team. But, if a foreign player leaves our team, we will support him no more.

The main source of votes to Luka is coming from USA.

Last edited by AO41; 01-04-2019 at 11:14 AM.
AO41 is offline   Reply With Quote