View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 03:51 PM   #51
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
For cheap he's worth a look, but I'm not convinced that he has a future in the league and not convinced he'll ever be an elite rebounder like we need. When he feels like it, he can defend and be really disruptive, but a sub-par rebounder that plays D isn't exactly an asset you trade first rounders (and potentially lottery first rounders) for. He's also fundamentally weak and makes up for it with athleticism, but with the injury history, I wouldn't bet on him staying an elite athlete for long.

2015-2016 (last time he played enough minutes to qualify) - there were 32 centers who rebounded at a better rate.

then again, Bogut may be gone, we'll be short on quality centers, and there aren't many centers in this year's FA class.
You make fair points, but in 2015-16 he played out of position at PF while Okafor played all of his minutes at center. I think he can be a good enough rebounder (something like 11 if he played 33-37 MPG right now, obviously with tons of room for growth) and would be a great fit next to Barnes, especially with great pick and roll guys like Barea and Harris on the roster.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote