View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 02:22 PM   #380
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
CA: Civil War - pretty damn good. I think I liked Winter Soldier better, just because of the spy elements and mystery... but Civil War is by far my favorite "Avengers" movie (i mean, come on, it's Avengers 2.5).

It has the BEST action sequence in any comic book movie, possibly any movie (the airport scene). Just in awe the entire time (and if you have a real IMAX in your area - go see it there. That entire scene was shot on IMAX film). Fight choreography/effects throughout the movie were top-notch, and like most Marvel films, had a good mix of drama and some light-heartedness.
Saw it, had a really sh!tty movie-going experience, need to re-watch it again when the theaters aren't so packed... Can't wait until Screening Room becomes a more affordable/realistic option -- I wouldn't be sad if I never stepped foot into a movie theater again, just as long as I can see new releases before they get spoiled by the internet.

Black Panther, Ant-Man and Spider-Man were definitely the best part of the movie (can't wait for their upcoming films!), but am I the only one who felt like the ridiculously-enjoyable airport scene was plucked out of a much more entertaining movie? Most of Civil War was a slog to get through -- I definitely noticed the two-and-a-half hour runtime.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-13-2016 at 02:31 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote