View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 02:28 PM   #381
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Saw it, had a really sh!tty movie-going experience, need to re-watch it again when the theaters aren't so packed... Can't wait until Screening Room becomes a more affordable/realistic option -- I wouldn't be sad if I never stepped foot into a movie theater again, just as long as I can see new releases before they get spoiled by the internet.

Black Panther, Ant-Man and Spider-Man were definitely the best part of the movie (can't wait for their upcoming films!), but am I the only one who felt like the ridiculously-enjoyable airport scene was plucked out of a much more entertaining movie? Most of Civil War was a slog to get through -- I definitely noticed the two-and-a-half hour runtime.

it was definitely more "talky" than most Marvel movies, but it did have some good action sequences to break that up, albeit small scale (Lagos, the Panther/Bucky chase, etc.). But I liked a lot of the exposition. I think it laid out a plot in which you really could side with either guy.

While of course Spider-man was awesome (really the best-filmed version of him in action, quipping/talking constantly), Black Panther was my favorite newcomer. And Falcon continues to grow into his own character, he had some of the best moments of the movie - he's kind of a dud in the comics.

yeah, it was tough to avoid spoilers, but i've had a good track record of seeing movies in week 2. People are polite enough not to reveal huge spoilers in that timeframe.