View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 02:34 PM   #383
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
One thing that bugs me about the new Captain America is that the whole "Civil War" thing feels shoehorned in just to take the wind out of Batman v Superman's sails... All this "collateral damage" crap in AoU and CW seems like a calculated reaction to everyone on the internet complaining about the destruction of Metropolis in Man of Steel (even BvS couldn't help itself!).... Please, please, PLEASE, Hollywood -- learn the lessons from Lost and BSG when it comes to changing your plots based on fanboy overreactions. The calculation of collateral damage adds absolutely nothing to a candy-coated action romp where super-powered individuals are pummeling each other while delivering snarky quips.

Definitely disagree with you there. Collateral damage has been acknowledged/mentioned in Marvel movies for a while. Scenes of Cap specifically trying to get people out of harm's way in Avengers 1, Iron Man feeling remorse for his actions way back in Iron Man 1. And it all culminated in this film. This was not a knee-jerk reaction, i believe this was planned for some time.

The Civil War plotline from the comics couldn't be used here, as that focused on registration and revealing secret identities - secret identities really aren't a thing in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. So i thought the change to be more about accountability and oversight really fit well, especially in this day and age of people screaming for less government.

The BvS reaction was super ridiculous -Random guy calling out - "it's ok, guys! that island is uninhabited!"

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 05-13-2016 at 02:39 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote