View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 03:10 PM   #385
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

I see what you're saying, but i think Collateral Damage IS something that should be addressed in these movies (makes them more realistic than the comics, which i think is a positive) and I thought AoU and CW did it quite well (and again, previously addressed in some capacity in other marvel movies), where BvS just shoehorned it in as an afterthought because of the backlash against MoS (where there was NO concern AT ALL).

That's what made the central issue at hand so believable. Two people on an internet message board are debating the importance of human lives, don't you think it should mean something to those that are trying to save them?

Personally, I'm Team Cap. Gotta break a few eggs if you want to make an omelette. But if one of my family members were killed in an event involving the Avengers? You better believe my mind would change.

Not only was there collateral damage in Sokovia, Stark was THE reason it happened. He created Ultron. So it's 100000% believable that he should care about collateral damage. That was actually something that bothered me about AoU - there was no accountability for Stark. he kind of felt a little guilty at the end. And that came to light more in this movie. His guilt got the best of him so he was quick to agree with the Accords.

The spoiler you mention would not have been enough to motivate the other Avengers, though. just Cap and Iron Man.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 05-13-2016 at 03:20 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote