View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 05:22 PM   #390
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Funny thing is that Deadpool beat BvS domestic. lol.
Not sure what that has to do with the conversation we're having, but I'm sure the box office totals were the result of Deadpool being a Deadpool movie, whereas Batman v Superman was trying to be a Watchmen movie... No point in using source material if you're only going to betray it -- especially when you're talking about fictional icons as well-known as Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.

BvS also had the same problem as Civil War, Age of Ultron and the Star Wars Remix -- it spent too much damn time setting up future movies and not enough time focusing on the story at hand... Deadpool knew its audience, told its story efficiently, and most importantly, didn't come across like it was written by a goddamn focus group.

Like, seriously, I can lob accusations at Marvel all day for trying to tank BvS and still think that movie was a tone-deaf piece of shit -- at least I cared enough about TFA to rant about it, but BvS isn't even worth my time... That said, I do think it was better than a lot of movies that it's ranked lower than on RT (but the long arm of the Disney Hype Machine is a completely different rant that I frankly don't have the energy to get into right now!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-13-2016 at 05:32 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote