Thread: Covid
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 05:15 PM   #12
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
I haven't really had an update. Since the 4th I've been quarantined in my room, and I've only left my room to use the bathroom. That is until today. I drove to MCI Diagnostic Center and got retested for COVID-19. For those who don't already know they have drive-thru testing. Today they asked me why I was there, and I explained that I previously tested positive for COVID-19, and I needed negative results before I could return to work. They then offered a free antibodies test so I would then know if I had COVID-19 previously, and if I would even need the vaccine should I test negative from today's testing.

When I got home I've been on the phone trying to find out which doctors I can visit through a Multiplan that I have through my job. It's terrible insurance that is just barely legal. I did find some doctors who accept it, and I scheduled some doctor's visits that I can cancel should I test positive again. That is a real possibility as my co-worker who first tested positive is still positive after retesting this week.
thanks for the update

i'm not sure if the antibody test is useful at this point - it usually takes a while to develop antibodies and even if you test positive, who knows what that means other than that you've been exposed (and in your case actually tested positive)

hope you're feeling ok bud
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote