View Single Post
Old 03-24-2021, 11:45 AM   #67
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

If this is the best we can do pull the trigger. I've spoke of a healthy Fournier being better than THJ because he's a more well rounded player mainly as a ball handler and passer.

Evan Fournier, Orlando Magic. He's having a fine year (19.1 points) when healthy ... but the groin problem has caused him to miss almost half of Orlando's games. But this would be a move for now (Dallas is already talking about taking on Fournier at $17 million in this final year of his contract in exchange for James Johnson’s expiring $15.9 million contract and two second-rounders) ... and for later, as the idea would be to re-sign Fournier in the summer.

Andre Drummond, Cleveland Cavaliers. I know, I know. You hate the idea. But I've tried to explain that the Mavs don't hate it as much as you do, and they are in discussions with the Cavs for the 27-year-old "relic'' who gives you 17 points and 14 rebounds per game.

The Mavericks are too poor at rebounding to thumb their noses at this idea. Yes, he's got a $28 million contract. But it's expiring, and it's no more troublesome than James Johnson's contract, and regarding "fit''? If Drummond can eventually "fit'' on another contender via buyout, he can "fit'' here.

Domantas Sabonis, Indiana Pacers. This is going to seem odd to Mavs fans who haven't seen much of the 6-11 two-time All-Star, but he's averaging 20/11/6. I mean, he's kind of "The Unicorn,'' you know?

(Sidebar: It so happens that Mavs coach Rick Carlisle is a fan of Myles Turner as well. So the Pacers are a team to watch here.)

Aaron Gordon, Orlando Magic. His numbers are good (14.7 points, 6.8 rebounds, 4.2 assists) and he can play defense. And maybe he knows that he's not long for Orlando, as our guys wonder if he's "checked out.'' The Mavericks have always liked Gordon, who is repped by the same agent, Bill Duffy, as Luka. ... so more "Luka-friendly.''

But this one would be pricy. Probably too pricy.

Buddy Hield, Sacramento Kings. Well, if Sacto is having a fire sale, Dallas should probably try this one, too. Hield (17 points per) can shoot and create from the perimeter, has an attractive long-term contract, and has long made noises of dissatisfaction with his Kings role.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote