View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 02:58 PM   #55
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Criminals are simply that...they break laws.

Breaking into someone house in Texas has a serious consequence...you might get SHOT!!!

However in other parts of the country, you don't have to worry about it...so perhaps criminals will move out of Texas in order to preserve their own lives.

In the end, Texans are safer as crime goes down.

Now, what do you do with the friends of criminals? What about friends of thieves?

How many people know when something is stolen, but never report it?

How do you report activity that may or may not be questionable?

I would love to see criminals caught, tried, sentenced and have an opportunity to pay their debt to society and hopefully recover and reform to be a healthy productive member of society.

But I equally defend the right for one to defend themselves, their property and their neighbors property.

This incident has to do with one neighbor...this is not about a guy who lives in Dallas, was traveling through Houston, witnessed a robbery and killed someone.

Again this is about a next door neighbor...chances are that these neighbors knew each other!!! In my neighborhood we know each other to the point that we recognize each other and we recognize when someone is a stranger...

that doesn't mean we shoot strangers...but we do ask questions and observe. If I see someone crawling in and out of a window carrying bags of stuff, I'm asking myself, why are they not using the front or back door?

Yes, I would call the police...unfortunately, I don't carry guns in my house, so I would not be able to stop these guys...but If I did, I would at least be in a position to shoot if I felt I needed to.

As for shooting them in the legs, back, head...at that moment the adrenaline is flowing and if I'm shooting, I don't want the criminal to have a chance at coming after me. IMHO, a Gun is for Deadly force...if I'm lucky enough to NOT kill the criminal and they go down unable to keep attacking then great, that's icing on the cake...but if they are killed, then it was there choice, not mine.

It's quite simple...don't Rob a House in Texas and you don't have to worry about getting shot!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote