View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 01:23 PM   #7
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

What a different reality we would (most likely) be in if it wasn't for that damn moratorium. But good news guys, they shortened it. :/

As for next year..

- His personality is great, but I would prefer not to have Charlie V on this team anymore. His time would be better spent on Powell, Lee, Evans, Dirk.

- Even if we continue to roll the dice in free agency on someone like Howard to try to "compete" another year while Dirk is here.. I want to see the young guys get more time. This team desperately needs the athleticism of Andersen, Powell, and Evans. I'm one that believes (though obviously from the outside looking in) that Evans has a ton more potential, he just needs to be given more time and gain some confidence in his game.

- I prefer to keep JJB around, because I think he has earned his way to being a Mav for the rest of his career and I just like watching the guy come up big in the clutch. I often feel similarly regarding Harris. But, at least one of JJB, Harris, and Felton has to go. Over the course of the season, JJB and Harris have improved, while Felton only has his moments. I'd lean towards finding a way to trade Felton while his stock is high(er than before), or waive if necessary.

- The team needs to improve in so many areas, but I think the team especially needs a new 6th man wing. Someone with an aggressive offensive approach like Monta/JJB, but can defend and shoot. But, I don't have a clue as to who this would be, and I guess any team would want this.

- It would be great to get either Howard or Whiteside here. Whiteside would be my first choice as he can produce now and long into the future, but Howard could do really well here and help close out the Dirk era strong I believe. Our Centers have all shown how they can be productive in their own ways, but the team needs an athletic big that can consistently roll to the basket and finish, rebound and defend the rim.

- But most likely the Mavs only do one or none of these things, which won't be enough. We'll be plagued with inconsistency and dramatic comeback wins or losses again. But, such is life as a Mavs fan. Just we've came out on bottom more times than not this past season, and there will be little reason to believe that things will be much different.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote