View Single Post
Old 06-24-2002, 09:00 AM   #14
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

<< Marshall didn't fit in at Utah, and he just crowds the queue of semi-skilled forwards on the Mavs. What about him suggests he'd be better-than-average sixth-man material? >>

He was a pretty good starter just a year removed in Utah, and was hurt part of last year, and he still posted 13/7 in 30 minutes for the Jazz, and blocked over a shot a game. I think he'd be a very nice sixth man, because he can rebound, post up, block shots, and is a pretty big body to throw out against opposing PF's. And isn't even an average sixth man a nice acquisition if you're just giving up Bradley and filler?

<< If he were competent, they'd be holding onto him. >>

Actually, they're trying to dump him because their owner is cheap. I really don't think it's a commentary on his skill level.

<< Harpring is the target. >>

Harpring would be a decent addition, but I'd rather have Marshall, frankly. Especially when all you have to pay is Bradley and filler.