View Single Post
Old 06-24-2002, 09:19 AM   #15
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

<< He &lt;Marshall&gt; was a pretty good starter just a year removed in Utah, and was hurt part of last year, and he still posted 13/7 in 30 minutes for the Jazz, and blocked over a shot a game. I think he'd be a very nice sixth man, because he can rebound, post up, block shots, and is a pretty big body to throw out against opposing PF's. And isn't even an average sixth man a nice acquisition if you're just giving up Bradley and filler? >>

Marshall as a 3 or a backup 4? If a 3, while he does have some very NBA-average athleticism, he doesn't have the outside game that the Mavs would seem to need from a 3, nor does he impress much as a threat slashing to the basket, nor has he ever shown 3-defensive skills. If a backup 4, you're looking at 10-12 minutes per game max behind Dirk, which N&aacute;jera, Manning, Wang and LaF can more than cover. Marshall does have some average ability, but this sounds like a trade for trade's sake.

<< Actually, they're trying to dump him because their owner is cheap. I really don't think it's a commentary on his skill level. >>

To hear Karl Malone tell it, Miller is cheap. But in the past couple of years, the Jazz have allowed Shandon Anderson to migrate to the Rockets, and Howard Eisley to sign with the Mavericks as free agents. Despite a one-season flash by Anderson with Houston, both of these players have slid down toward the end of the bench (and both, perhaps not coincidentally with the NYKs), which suggests to me that Utah is looking at $/ability ratio, not just bottom line.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote