View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 01:26 PM   #22
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Lorenzen Wright?

i don't think I could turn down an offer of Wright/Battier/Watson for Damp/Stack. Battier and Watson were arguably the two biggest reasons behind the Grizz' defensive success this year, and depending on how Harris does this summer I'd probably lean towards starting both of them (Josh would get the other starting spot, Fin would come off the bench). The perimeter defense would really be first rate - Josh would arguably be the weak link in that respect - and while Battier's not an all-star by any stretch, I think moving Fin to the bench would be justified, which in my mind constitutes a clear improvement at the 2/3.

The Damp for Wright tradeoff would be a drop off at center (although not so large that the upgrade Battier and Watson represent over Stack wouldn't more than make up for it), but with Terry's (and/or Keith's) expiring contract and the MLE to work with I'd trust the Mavs would be able to fill in the roster.