View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 12:18 AM   #686
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
That said, I can't remember Eric working with anyone who I thought was on his par when it comes to play-by-play.
I was going to lose my mind before you eventually did mention Holtz. In the late '80s/early '90s before they moved to KRLD, and I could actually listen in Hamilton, Holtz was doing play-by-play at the beginning and end and Nadel only got the middle three. They may not have always done the 3-3-3 arrangement, but I can vouch it was that way at least from '91-'93 when I listened to every home game because we didn't get HSE. So to me, Holtz was a play-by-play guy moreso than an analyst.. and he was a god among men.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote