View Single Post
Old 11-13-2003, 06:10 PM   #1
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all
Default Messing around with the Numbers

I´m bored, so I´ll post some possible trades which came up my mind ... sorry for any inconvenience...

Trade 1

Key Players:
Antawn Jamison, Shawn Marion

Phoenix faces a problem - with the emergence of Amare Stoudamire they are in urgent need for true offense firepower, and not really needing any all-around guy like Shawn Marion, who is a great supplemental guy, but no franchise player. Tom Gugliottas contract will come off the books at the end of the season, and Anfernee Hardaway is on the decline. Marion is a BYC player, so to shop him, there has to be another team involved ... so here we go (just added the Draftpicks as a reminder that those might sweeten the deal, they are basically to be ignored):

Dallas trades
Antawn Jamison, Eduardo Najera, Tariq Abdul-Wahad to Phoenix
Michael Finley to Utah
2nd Round Pick to Phoenix

Phoenix trades
Shawn Marion, Anfernee Hardaway to Dallas
Jake Voskuhl or Roberd Archibald to Utah

Utah trades
Greg Ostertag, some first round pick in 2006-2008 to Dallas
Post-Trade Roster

Dallas
C - Ostertag, Bradley, Fortson
PF - Nowitzki, Walker
SF - Marion, Howard
SG - Delk, Hardaway, Daniels
PG - Nash, Best, Stefansson

Phoenix
C - White, Voskuhl (or Archibald), Trzebansky
PF - Stoudemire, Gugliotta, Williams
SF - Jamison, Cabarkapa, Najera
SG - Jacobsen, Johnson, Tariq Abdul-Wahad
PG - Marbury, Barbosa

Utah
C - Borchardt, Collins, Archibald (or Voskuhl)
PF - Kirilenko, Clark, Ruffin, Handlogten
SF - Harpring, Pavlovic
SG - Finley, Stevenson, Bell
PG - Arroyo, Lopez, Williams

From a Mavs point of view:

Finley, Jamison, Najera, TaW and a 2nd
for
Marion, Hardaway, Ostertag and a future first

This is (1) overpaying and (2) creating even more of a logjam at the forward position, BUT ... for some reason I think this would be a move putting us over the top.

We would get a D-first athletic rebounding SF with 3pt range and excellent personality and a Big Body. Hell, I hate ´tag, but I better have ´Tag, Bradley AND Fortson there than Dirk and Eddie playing Center all the time.

Anfernee Hardaway is kind of a sweetener for the trade. Though he´s peaked some years ago, he could still provide some athleticism and veteran minutes at SG, a position made for Howard in the long shot. His contract comes off the books earlier than the contract of all TaW, Najera and Jamison, so he´s more of a mid-time acquisition saving some money.

Nevertheless, this might not be a useful move, nor a realistic one, still, my boredom asks me to post this for some discussion ...