View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Temper, temper.. And that 2-7 thing, is completely bogus. If we would have been playing winning teams during this stretch it would possibly make some sense, but we are not. We have been playing about the easiest schedule I can remember.

This team as only three players in it that I would consider keeping, dirk, Shawn, mayo. And that is not a big three by any stretch. The rest are just guys.
my 2-7 statement was simply designed to illustrate the fact that even a championship team, when assembled in the manner in which both that team and this one were and are assembled, can still potentially suck ass when missing their clearly defined superstar. And yes, we've had a pretty ridiculously easy schedule and have been blown out by some pretty terrible teams, yet you have to factor in that this is an entirely new team, one which has had minimal to no experience playing together prior to this season. There have been infinite examples of "super-teams" who sucked at the beginning of the season before they finally gelled on defense and started clicking on offense. I'm simply pointing out that we should be looking for potential here, as opposed to criticizing a team that will look SIGNIFICANTLY different, in my opinion on both sides of the ball, when we get a healthy Dirk back in the lineup.

Just curious, aside from Dirk/Marion/Chandler, who would you have wanted to keep from our championship team. Because in my opinion, every single other piece of our rotation was replaceable. And in my humble opinion, Donne and company have replaced the guys we lost on the championship team with players of equal or greater value, with the exception of Chandler. And even in the case of Chandler, I feel as though the defense Brand is able to bring, combined with the far superior offensive threat that Kaman poses, at least somewhat mitigates his loss. Most of the players on our championship team were just "guys". If that team could somehow be successful, I think this one certainly has a chance. Granted the make-up of the league has altered significantly since our championship run, but I maintain that this team has more talent/upside than our championship team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote