View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #2084
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Parson >>> Lin

Their weak spot is PF and PG, not SF. Should have dumped Asik straight after Dwight decided and sign Millsap via cap space.

They trade Asik either for a great stretch 4 or for a better PG.
I'm not sure what I'm supposed to get out of "Parsons >>> Lin." Useless comparison.

Their weak spot is both forward spots and arguably PG. Parsons plays SF and PF, but he can't play both at the same time. They get Marion, Parsons becomes the stretch PF you're talking about in certain lineups. He played PF in two of their five most used lineups last year, and the guy who played SF in those lineups (Delfino) is gone.

But why are we even discussing these semantics? The point is that Marion fills a gap on their team and pushes them closer to a title, while Asik on the Mavs pushes them closer to a first-round exit, but not more. Like I said, I'd do the deal if it's on the table, but I'd also carefully explore other options that don't involve boosting a geographical rival toward a title.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote