View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 03:27 PM   #87
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I'm really interested to see how they use Powell this season, especially after Rick kinda hinted that they played him sparingly last season so they could gain leverage to re-sign him... Sounds like his role is going to grow enough to match his paycheck, but what role will that be? Dirk's backup? Has he developed some range? Apparently he gained 15 lbs this summer, so maybe he'll be playing more center? Obviously he still dominates above the rim, but can he bang with the bigs (especially WHEN Bogut gets injured)?
Powell is the big mystery on this team to me. Seems he could easily become the odd man out because he doesn't seem to fit Rick's system offensively as a PF and can get punished in the paint by bigger centers and PFs. I thought he had to become consistent with the 3 in order to get decent minutes as Dirk's backup but it seems that Barnes and Acy might be better suited in RC's system.

If Bogut and Mejri are healthy I'm not sure where Powell fits on this team and afraid he may become a situational/insurance 4/5.

Last edited by rimrocker; 10-03-2016 at 04:09 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote