View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #110
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Dahntay and Jae are both usable at SF as well, even if Dahntay's usefulness is a bit matchup-dependent and Jae's still a bit of a wild-card. I see no reason that the Mavs can't look for 30+ mpg out of the trio of those two and Vince at SF if they need it, which puts Marion in a position to play 12-20 minutes at PF. At any rate, my only point is that he should be accounted for when assessing the Mavs' PF depth.

And in case it wasn't clear from my previous post, I don't disagree that he's been better than Brand. Still holding out hope that Elton can start to find a groove when Dirk makes it back, though.
Jae and dahntay have both been absolutely terrible. I realize it's a small sample but so far everyone has a small sample. At this point the optimal minutes for the front court probably looks like this
C-kaman 26, brand 12, sarge 10
Pf-wright 28, Marion 12, brand 8
Sf-Marion 18, Vince 24, jae 6

Obviously you aren't going to be able to play it out perfectly like that but that's what I think we should be shooting for. I think dahntay will have a place once dirk is back but until then I think hes better off on the bench.

Edit-I'm not asking for wright to get 35 minutes a game and honestly when dirk comes back I don't expect him to get 20 mins a game. But until that time, every game he doesn't get 24 minutes barring foul trouble is a mistake by carlisle

Last edited by Five-ofan; 12-08-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote