View Single Post
Old 03-04-2001, 04:03 PM   #5
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure many of you have heard the news by now, but Napster is planning on filtering out approximately 1 million files, representing some 5,600 songs submitted by the major record labels, Metallica, Dr. Dre, music publishers and others. Check the link below for more articles on this voluntary block. Why would anyone willingly pay to use Napster when the majority of the songs will be filtered out? Personally I use sites like eMP3Finder and Music Lover for my MP3 needs 99% of time, and will probably install something like Gnutella to replace Napster once it goes down. I've only used Napster to download five or six songs anyway, so this really isn't a big deal to me.

Link: Napster patrols its own beat
djb is offline   Reply With Quote