View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 03:23 PM   #77
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Do you not see the problem with offering this as your take? "Neither one could win it all -- until one did"?

That statement carries zero insight. It's not analysis--it's not even an opinion. It's tautology, true by definition. It's the equivalent of saying, "It'll never rain again until it rains." Neat.

This has nothing to do with being a homer. I'm not a huge Romo fan, although I do think he's better than any feasible alternative. I'm taking issue with this construct you've built where you essentially say, "It'll never happen....but maybe possibly I'll be wrong and it will someday." You can't have it both ways. If you really believe it'll never happen (rather than simply being unlikely to happen, which I'd agree with), you don't get an out.
You don't get it... I am not saying IT WILL NEVER RAIN... UNTIL IT DOES.

I am saying I GENUINELY BELIEVE IT WILL NEVER RAIN... THEN IT DID.

I then ate crow, happily. That is not straddling a fence. How can I of all people (and with my rant the other day) ever, EVER be taken as someone that is looking for an out? Can you not distinguish the difference here?