View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 06:10 PM   #76
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
TheOne photo was ironical, I thought about finding one with only theOne in it but didn't bother.

In that he was bowing down to the Saudia Arabia king and no one says boo about it. Whereas even Clinton was taken to task by the NYTimes for even a very,very slight bow to the King.. And dubya was taken to task for holding the dudes hand.
you're exhibitng a severe case of exaggeration. first, the "bow" is done by most people, inc our president, to not only royalty but it (in case you didn't know) is a custom of respect in many cultures.

and the photot of the queen? just what was that all about?

would like to see the "taken to task" of bush for shaking a "dudes hand"...

Quote:
But bow in deferecne...nothing...nada..hence the posting of the photo. For what it's worth, IMO the US prez. should bow to no one. It's not a big deal, I don't expect theOne (or democrats in general to be honest) to have much respect for traditions. So I'm not all bent out of shape over it, just funny..your reaction just makes it funnier.

For all of the hero-worshippers out there...
let's sort out this contradiction...on the one hand, you don't want our prez to "bow to no one", but then you believe the prez should "have...respect for tradition". so if it is "tradition" to show respect by bowing, an act that many of our president's have done out of "respect" for those cultures where a bow is typically done, which is he to do?

just another case of damned if he does, damned if he doesn't by the right....

my reaction? this isn't anything to make a case out of. see, I'm not getting bent out of shape by insignifigant, trivial bs. too bad the right and you in particular can't seem to follow that road.

Last edited by Mavdog; 04-06-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote