View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 10:57 AM   #8
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas View Post
Fantastic!! Oh, we would all agree that we want the Mavs to win it all!!!

I also bet she would sue McDonalds if the coffee was to hot!

On a more serious side, I had a friend who completed his education (BS in Business) and was upset he could not find the type of job he wanted. One problem he was not willing to relocate. Yes, Abliene is a fairly decent size town, but when you are starting out, you must make sacrfices to obtain your goals. Nothing is guaranteed in life and just because you go to college does not mean you will be a CEO. Relentless persuing of a job or career will eventually pay off, because most of the people doing the interviewing can read people very well. With most companies using behavioral based interviews, it is amazing how many candidates just sit there and have no clue how to answer the questions. Most colleges have very good placement services that teach you what to prepare for in your interviews, but again it is amazing how many college grads come in unprepared and thus excluding themselves from consideration.
With my two guys getting ready to start college, I must say that I agree with regards to the College Cost topic discussed.

So how do you hold the Colleges accountable when it comes to cost and subsequent fees charged back to the students, or in many cases the parents of those students?

I echo that we all want the Mavs to WIN!!!

As for the law-suit...pretty funny...let me see, take responsibiltiy for my life, and be willing to work based on what's available...or blame the institution that I paid for an education, thus passing the blame along and remain a victim.

I firmly believe, if an individual is WILLING to work, they can find a job, they can obtain an income and they can rise up through the ranks with endless opportunities. The students who show a willing heart within the context of a job/career interview will be given the opportunity.

But buyer beware...there are plenty of individuals who have learned how to con there way through life, and yes, this includes conning their way through an interview.

If I were to advise young students of anything, is to learn how to communicate within an interview perspective. Be willing to sacrifice on the short-term, in order to achieve your long-term goals.

One must pay their dues, in order to get to a position of influence.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote