Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 09:07 AM   #1672
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdYboUTzWys

Shot at 6:20 from MPJ is another example of his natural smooth shot.

I am torn on MPJ. When people compare him to KD, I think they are greatly overestimating his athleticism. KD is incredibly athletic. He doesn't rely on it, but when he needs to he can do some incredible things. Also, KD is longer. So for me the comparison doesn't really work.

That said, I think if healthy he definitely deserves consideration with JJJ and Bamba. Assuming he is healthy and we feel good about that moving forward, my ranking between the three of them would be:

1. MPJ
2. JJJ
3. Bamba

Truthfully, the difference between the three of them is incredibly small as far as potential goes. I'll stick with my previous comment that I believe culture, development, and team fit is going to be difference maker for MANY of these top 6 guys. Just look at Monk. He does ALL the same things well as he did in college, but he was taken by a team trying to make him a PG. He is NOT that. He is killer scorer and needs to be allowed to shoot 30 shots a game, build confidence, and learn through mistakes.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote