View Single Post
Old 08-04-2003, 10:47 PM   #16
mikeinrowlett

mikeinrowlett is on a distinguished road
Default Vladimir Stepania

Sorry I have to say Stepania is the 8 million dollar man because that is what it costs to sign him. To add him it costs that much. To not add him costs nothing. You give up that slot you lose flexibility at the trade deadline and you lose the ability to add even more salary. Cuban has balked at adding freakin' Tyrone Hill because he didn't want to pay the tax. He is willing to pay but for a player that makes the ultimate difference. A championship. I think that is really the only question I asked from you. Does his addition get us to championship level. I still say no and anyone who says yes is a damn fool. The desire to add a player or make a foolish trade is short sighted. Patience my man. Patience. February is just around the corner. A better deal is to be had there if nothing can be worked out in the off season. Hey, the guy can definitely help. But the championship is what it is all about. His signing would definitely take the Mavs out of the running for trades later this season. A trade that may make the difference. This ain't the difference we need. Hell, Miami isn't willing to offer him a big contract. Why? They have cap space. Oh wait they want to land a player that can help them get better. Well so do we. I think.
mikeinrowlett is offline   Reply With Quote