View Single Post
Old 08-09-2004, 12:53 PM   #32
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:I don't think the kerry can push these veterans around..

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Once again you try and split hairs on a ticks ass to sidetrack the topic. The very reason we have free speech is to protect the rights of groups like the swift boat vets to speak out. There is absolutely no proof that I have see presented other than John Kerry's word and less than a handful of witnesses on his part. The Swifties have over 100 witnesses. It is at best a he said/they said disagreement between Kerry and the swifties. However the Swefties do have some hard evidence as well. Kerry could make public more hard evidence, but refuses to do so. Sure looks to me like he's hiding something. But that's really beside the point. The point is that these Swifties should have the right to express their political opinions. However the DNC doesn't believe this. They are using legal intimidation tactics to limit the swifties in their right to free expression. Yet you try and rationalize this away. I'm not saying so much that the DNC is doing something illegal as they are doing something immoral and unAmerican.

Quote:
If the RNC felt it was "full of lies and deceit" and could prove their point, they should use whatever means they have to stop it. That is the American judicial system at work if they can prove their position. Perhaps they can't...
Funny you say this, because the DNC can't prove that the Swifties are lying so instead they just try and use legal strong arm tactics to help silence them.
You didn't see this in the letter?

"The advertisement contains statements by men who purport to have served on Sen Kerry's swiftboat in Vietnam, and one statement by a man pretending to be the Doctor who treated Sen Kerry for one of his injuries. In fact, not a single one of the men who pretend to have served with Sen Kerry was actually a crewmate of Sen Kerry and the man pretending to be his doctor was not."

"Further, the "doctor" who appears in the ad, Louis Letsom, was not a crewmate of Sen Kerry's and was not the Doctor who actually signed Sen Kerry's sick call sheet. In fact, another physician actually signed Sen Kerry's sick call sheet. Letson is not listed on any document as having treated Sen. Kerry after the Dec. 2, 1968 firefight. Moreover, according to news accounts [National Review], Letson did not record his "memories" of that incident until after Sen.Kerry became a candidate for President in 2003"
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote