View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 03:11 PM   #100
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Could you guys tell your boy to stop trying to scare old people? He's obviously going to win anyway, he doesn't need to lie to these people.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/160179

Thanks for bringing this one up.

I find that I am FOR privatizing my social security. Even going so far as to be willing to be the generation that sacrifices a bit more in order to ensure that future generations will have 100% private accounts.

IMHO, the seniors who are currently retired, should receive the benefits as has been promised to them throughout their lives.

Those getting ready to retire should also be covered...honestly, I'm only 40 years of age and thus I believe my generation is the perfect starting point. As much as I would like for 100% of my Social Security to go to a private account, I understand that there are some who retire before that will need my social security income to survive, thus allow me to volutarily sign up for a plan that keeps my current social security for the current plan, but allows me to invest into my private account as a percentage with incramental growth.

At the same time, putting a road map so that when my sons, who are now 17 and 18 can have their social security going completely to their own private accounts. The Fed does NOT need the social security from 17 and 18 years olds...let them begin to invest in their own future retirement and allow private accounts to be transferred as the individual sees fit in a will or some other transfer document.

Social Security is a broken system and regardless of how politicians use it to scar retired folks, it's time, if not way past time to change how the system works.

Private Social Security is a win-win for everyone as we become individually responsible for our own golden years...heck, had I had this when i was 16 and started working, I would have several hundred thousand dollars in my account...as it is now, I have ZERO in my account.

This seems like an easy no brainer, but for some reason some politicians chose to avoid doing something good for the American People.

This is yet another solution that John McCain was correct in supporting!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote