Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 05:10 PM   #1336
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Neither is going to be picked for their defense. It's just splitting hairs to me comparing their defense. One has bbiq/instincts that help overcome elite athleticism and the other has athletic tools that help overcome a lack of instincts and understanding on defense. It's just a matter of preference.

Normally I'm on the side of athletic upside but to me Doncic is just special. And Bagley for all his tools isn't just a little development and good coaching away from being a great defender, he really had no business being as bad as he was defensively.

I'd love if there was a compiled list of the 7ft bigs Bagley went against and how he fared and how they fared. I thought it was here but I can't find it but someone posted an article here or maybe reddit that showed just how bad Bagley was on defense. It was around the time he missed some games and Duke was like 15 points better on defense but 10 worse on offense. It was a small sample size iirc which is why I'd really be interested in a compiled list of the 7'0 guys he faced and what the results were. Maybe I'll get bored during these shitty playoff games and make one if I can't find one already made.
That list would be interesting... but he took it to Bamba and Texas wit a huge game. Fwiw

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote