View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 12:59 PM   #66
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Gervin
so then why did the league do nothing? the league mandates that the game stops when there is blood for christs sake!..so I guess biting someone is ok with Stack, whiner cuban and the nba? remember the same cuban who cried when bowen and finley got tangled up ? the cat must have his tounge on this one considering he allows his players' health to be put in jepordy...I guess you want to state that the league does not have a problem with someone biting another player? any league response to share? or are you going to stick with your buddies on this one?
God must be bored because that is some holy crap right there. Blood? Are you serious? Would it really need to come to the point where Horry would have to draw blood from Stack's arm in order for you to believe that Stack was bitten?

This is a serious PR issue for the NBA - they do NOT need negative publicity stemming from an on-court incident where a relatively visible player on a high-profile team like the Spurs BITES another player. Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds? Let me put it to your this way:

"Dear Sir, your son was suspended today for biting a child at school."

Obviously, Stern was smart enough (and he's got one-up on you here) to realize that the fall-out from such publicity would be highly detrimental to the image of the NBA, a league already tarnished by the incident at the Palace. As a result (looking at the big picture), he made the decision to not turn the issue into one of biting. The fact is, Horry was punished - two games without pay. That is a fact (sorry to bring that up but you don't seem to like facts). The official release did not specify whether Horry bit Stack for the reasons I outlined briefly above.

As a matter fact, I challenge you to find a single news release from a reputable source that explicity states that Horry did not attempt to bite Stackhouse.

Last edited by orangedays; 03-27-2006 at 01:02 PM.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote