Thread: JJ Reddick
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 12:52 AM   #28
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
I don't agree with the Jason Terry comparison unless you are are saying that he will be on that talent level (and disregarding the similarities in their game). But Redick has absolutely zero point guard skills. He makes Jason Terry look like Jason Kidd. I think he's going to be a little bit better than "The Alaskan Assassin" though. He's probably going to have to play a Steve Kerr/Kyle Korver role in the NBA. He used to just be a catch-and-shoot player, but he's improved a little bit at taking jumpers off the dribble as well as driving. I'm still curious though if that newly improved part of his game will work against NBA defenders or if he'll have to revert back to basically being a catch-and-shoot player that he was in his first 3 years at dook.
I'm not sold on the Terry comparison. I was just thinking about a 1.5 that could shoot the cover off the ball. My first thought was Ben Gordon.

I think he has a higher upside than Kerr because he's creating for himself quite a bit...he doesn't need much room to get it off.

My opinion of him has changed as the season has progressed but I could be way off base. The talent level in college basketball is as bad as I've seen it.

He looked very ordinary playing against the Mavs summer league team in July so I'm not going to totally dismiss Langdon.