View Single Post
Old 11-01-2003, 02:36 PM   #43
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:How about this for Ben Wallace?

Quote:
Originally posted by: 4cwebb
Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
You can't name a CHAMPIONSHIP team that has a complete zero on the floor at the end of games. You have to take a longer view of him than just defensive numbers. If he was so durn great he could have carried his team last year, but it didn't/won't happen.
Presuming you are talking about a complete zero on the offensive end, how about the Lakers of the mid-80s with Kurt Rambis? That guy was a terrible offensive player. Also, I presume that you are discounting Rodman's presence on the last three Bulls' championship teams due to Jordan's presence.
My memory about whether Rambis finished games for the Lakers is a admittedly a little fuzzy since it was so long ago, but I do seem to remember Rambis rarely being in to close games. He was a starter and great role player, but I don't remember him being a regular crunch time player.

As for Dennis Rodman, he was only a bad offensive player when he choose to be. While he would never be considered great, Rodman did have semi decent skills. And his FT'ing was more a lack of concentration than anything. With the game on the line he shot much better though never great. Rodman's offensive game was always very underrated.