View Single Post
Old 11-01-2003, 04:05 PM   #55
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:How about this for Ben Wallace?

Quote:
Originally posted by: bogey
It may be unlikely that they get similar averages, but it is reasonable to assume they will produce at or near their career averages or last seasons results. Besides, you need a point of reference.
Excellent response Bogey. And that was my intent.

4CWebb, no I don't think their averages will stay the same. I also don't think Ben's would either. I think fin's and walkers scoring will go down and Wallaces rebounds and shot blocks would go down. I would expect bot Fin's and Walkers rebounding to go up though. Bradley averaged almost as much as Wallace (6.7 to 6.9) in almost half the minutes (21.4 to 39.4). Last year the Bradley/LaFrentz center combo averaged a combined 16 points per game. That's not what i would call "not to manny posts.

Quote:
offensive philosophy wouldn't change for the Mavs with the addition of Wallace
I would strongly disagree. We would no longer be able to put 4 all star level scorers on the floor at the same time.

Quote:
don't think you can assume that the per game scoring would decrease drastically.
How can you lose 2 huge offensive options and not see decrease? If you're talking about last year, I might agree that it wouldn't decrease drastically. I would also say that our points allowed wouldn't decrease drastically. We would however be a much worse team in the clutch. We loose 2 very good clutch players and recieve one very poor one.