View Single Post
Old 11-02-2003, 09:37 PM   #67
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all
Default RE:How about this for Ben Wallace?

I have read this thread and the more and more I think about it, I just don't see HOW you can get Ben Wallace from Detroit. I have ran and reran trades trying to come up with something that would Please both sides and it just ain't there. Wallace is to their team as to what Dirk is to our team. How do you trade away your Franchise player? So without further crapola, this is the closest thing I could come up with:

Dallas trades:
SF Eduardo Najera (6.7 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.0 apg in 23.0 minutes)
C Shawn Bradley (6.7 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 0.7 apg in 21.4 minutes)
PG Steve Nash (17.7 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 7.3 apg in 33.1 minutes)
Dallas receives:
PF Ben Wallace (6.9 ppg, 15.4 rpg, 1.6 apg in 39.3 minutes)
SG Bob Sura (7.3 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 3.2 apg in 20.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -16.9 ppg, +4.9 rpg, and -4.2 apg.

Detroit trades:
PF Ben Wallace (6.9 ppg, 15.4 rpg, 1.6 apg in 39.3 minutes)
SG Bob Sura (7.3 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 3.2 apg in 20.6 minutes)
Detroit receives:
SF Eduardo Najera (6.7 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.0 apg in 48 games)
C Shawn Bradley (6.7 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 0.7 apg in 81 games)
PG Steve Nash (17.7 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 7.3 apg in 82 games)
Change in team outlook: +16.9 ppg, -4.9 rpg, and +4.2 apg.

Now I know the first thing you are going to say, how in the hell could you trade away Nash? Well you have to give something to get something. There is nothing on the Dallas team that Detroit needs other than maybe Walker aka Instant Offense but his contract is so high they wouldn't do it. Bradley would flourish in the (L)eastern Conference so theres no problem there. Najera is a throwin. (don't shoot me chiwas)

Now you wanna know the trade kicker? Detroit wouldn't do this trade because Nash would bolt come summertime and than they would only get Bradley and Najera for Wallace. On top of that Dirk would be an emotional train wreck and no telling if he would "ever" recover.

Hmmmm, I wonder if Cuban could just resign him for the full MLE next summer and than just SLIDE some money into an offshore Account in the Caymans aka Under the table for Nash? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote