View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 04:32 PM   #17
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
One thing I failed to mention is that Orlando is already on the books for $84m next season, which means they'll have to go over the cap to keep Gordon. Not sure if a lottery team can justify doing that... I suppose they could try to trade Fournier and Biyombo, whose contracts expire after next season, but 2/3 of the league are already over the cap for 2018-19, so it could prove just as difficult to ship those expirings this summer as it was at the trade deadline.
They might be able to move Vucevic & his $12 mil, but yeah it's going to be hard this upcoming offseason.

That said, I think they could of moved Gordon at the trade deadline & got something in return. Maybe they're planning on doing a sign & trade in the offseason. Rumors were that the only 2 players were not touchable on the Magic at the trade deadline: Aaron Gordon & Johnathan Isaac.

I don't see them just not matching & letting him walk. Sign & trade would probably be the only way another team gets Gordon.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote