View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 02:44 PM   #5
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
I think I'll still prefer a political party that will drum out folks like Larry Craig versus one that thinks screwing an intern in the oval office is okey-dokey and should be defended at all costs.

Just silly that way I guess.

for example.
http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/20...-focus-on.html
See, if the republican party didn't pretend to be the gate keepers of morality and didn't pretend that republicans are moral and democrats are immoral, than they wouldn't need to step down as often, when their human weaknesses are exposed.
But the truth is that politicians from both parties are involved in plenty of scandals.
And because only the republicans have tried to run on a platform of being morally superior, democrats involved in scandals may end up looking embarassed, but republicans come off worse--as embarassed hypocrites.

Edit: The republicans end up having to step down more after sex scandals because they had pretended to have more integrity than the democrats had; and it then becomes discovered that they, in fact, didn't. Let's not confuse their pretense for actual integrity.

Last edited by DevinFuture; 09-02-2007 at 02:57 PM.
DevinFuture is offline   Reply With Quote