View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 02:15 PM   #27
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

I just read through the first few posts...I'll go back to catch the full thread.

But, count me in.

Here's the quick version...if anyone wants more details or wants someone to chat with, vent...whatever as we go through this battle, let me know.

In October 2009, I weighed in at 261 pounds...I'm 5'11" and at the time I was 41.

Today, nearly 2 years later, I am at 180 pounds...still 5'11" ;-) and now I'm 43.

The secret...there is none...it was commitment, hard work, dedication and success.

I'm down to around 12% BF and my goal is single digits...once there, I will see how much more I want to do.

The tools:

Learning and eating differently, while still enjoying what I eat. Calories, Protein/Carb mix. Meat, Veggies, Fruits

Exercise

Started off walking, then a little walk/run, then some elliptical and finally added some home gym DVD workouts (P90X, Turbo Fire, Brazilian Butt Lift, Hip Hop Abs, Chalean Extreme and the latest Insanity)

This is the fittest that I have ever been, and that includes my 7 1/2 years in the Army!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a "Pro" or a paid expert...the last 2 years are indeed my own personal story. Ultimately, I had to decide on my own what I wanted to do, then do it.

So again, if you would like someone to chat with, vent or bounce things off of, then let me know.

Full Disclosure, I have made -0- Dollars from the folks at Beachbody, but I have signed up to be an independent coach for them. I can provide you with information and resources, as well as fitness message boards where you can chat with others traveling down the same fitness journey.

Congrats to each of you and I look forward to reading about how everyone is doing. It's a challenging road, but now...81 pounds later...dang it feels good!!!

By the way, the trainer on Insanity, Shawn T...will be coming to Dallas this fall...Let me know if you might be interested in hanging out with Shawn T and I'll see what I can do ;-)
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote