View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #37
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays View Post
Focusing one's workout around squats, the bench press and deadlifts is typical "old school" and only exercises primary muscle groups and ignoring key stabilizing muscles, leaving one more susceptible to injury.
OD,

Sorry, I can't address your whole post right now (have family coming in tonight), but I do want to ask a couple of questions before I spend time on a response.

What "stabilizing muscles" are you referring to that a squat does not address?

Would you please describe the "old school" squat to the best of your ability given the experience you have?

Answering these two questions would clear up any conclusions I might draw from your statement.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote