View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 01:18 PM   #44
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

The only part that concerns me is the lack of respect the Mavs get outside of Dallas...about anything.

What do the top FA truly think of the Mavs and Dallas? How will their perception of the Dallas area play into their business decision on where to play?

Sure those of us here in Dallas love it here and we love our Mavs as well as having the belief that they can win it all. However, with my travels so far this year taking me to the NY area, Atl, New England, Louisiana, California, Washington, Vegas, Canada...the ONLY time I hear anything about the Mavs is when I'm in Dallas.

As far as potential teams for LeBron, Dallas is never mentioned in these other cities...Cle, Miami, NY and Chicago are the ONLY ones who get regular mention. Now I know this is part Media, but even the talk shows...there's nobody calling in about Dallas.

Like it or not, Dallas is looked down on and I just wonder...what to do the people that really matter think of Dallas?

I can think to a recent baseball deal, were local talk of Tory Hunter coming to the Rangers was a big deal, only to see him sign with the Angels and making some type of comment that he didn't want his kids going to school and being laughed at because of where his dad played...

Perception is a real b*tch and saddly, our beloved Mavs have a negative view outside of our local minds.

Hopefully Cuban can negotiate a deal that brings in Lebron and another Superstar, lifting the Mavs to Championship status and lifting the city/metroplex into a new level of Super Cities!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote