View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 03:22 PM   #53
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
You're still not thinking about it from the perspective of a guy who thinks he's the best player in the entire word and the greatest thing since sliced bread. His ego isn't going to allow him to believe that his "legacy" depends on people other than himself.
There are two parts of his legacy, individual accolades and titles. He needs both to stand next to Jordan. Now If you're just talking about the individual stuff then you're right, he doesn't need anyone. By the time he's done his stats, MVP's and awards will speak for themselves. If that's all there was to it then he's fine but obviously it’s not.

To be talked about in the same terms as Jordan, Magic and Bird (among others) he needs to win not one but multiple titles. And if you don't think Lebron is aware that he needs help with that then I think you're selling him short. Maybe he thought that way when he was 20 but the last four years have shown otherwise.

Honestly if he thinks he can win a ring by himself then why would he come to Dallas? He’ll either stay in Cleveland or go to New York. The unique thing that we offer is the best chance to win it all next year because of Dirk and, to a lesser extent, the supporting cast.

Quote:
And nobody is reasonably questioning Lebron's ability to be a lead dog. Not a single person. People are questioning his enthusiasm for Cleveland, his heart, and the quality of this teammates, not his ability to be the guy.
Keep in mind I’m not saying best player I’m saying lead dog. If you don’t think people are questioning that then we’re reading and listening to different things.