View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 03:32 PM   #54
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
There are two parts of his legacy, individual accolades and titles. He needs both to stand next to Jordan. Now If you're just talking about the individual stuff then you're right, he doesn't need anyone. By the time he's done his stats, MVP's and awards will speak for themselves. If that's all there was to it then he's fine but obviously it’s not.

To be talked about in the same terms as Jordan, Magic and Bird (among others) he needs to win not one but multiple titles. And if you don't think Lebron is aware that he needs help with that then I think you're selling him short. Maybe he thought that way when he was 20 but the last four years have shown otherwise.

Honestly if he thinks he can win a ring by himself then why would he come to Dallas? He’ll either stay in Cleveland or go to New York. The unique thing that we offer is the best chance to win it all next year because of Dirk and, to a lesser extent, the supporting cast.
I'm not implying that he can win a ring by himself. I'm also not implying that he can equal Jordan without winning several rings. What I'm saying is that I think he is too egotistical to fully realize or admit either of these things. You're talking about the objective reality of the situation, which is absolutely correct. What I'm talking about is Lebron's skewed perception of the situation, which is tainted by his arrogance and ego.

Mark it down: if Lebron goes his entire career without a title, he will still be insisting during interviews that "you all have seen what I can do," etc., and talking about how great he is. It's not going to stop him from thinking he's the best player, even though he'll be wrong.

But that's sort of tangential to the point anyway. The point is that because of his ego, I really don't think he's going to even slightly base his decision on the ages of the other good players on the team he goes to. That's not what a dude like "the King" is concerned with.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 05-21-2010 at 03:34 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote