View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 05:51 PM   #69
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
I don't know, I kind of like the supporting cast Chicago has built (especially with nice young players like Rose and Noah). I think that's gotta be pretty appealing, especially compared with the aging, overpaid players he has to work with in Cleveland. If I'm betting between those two cities, I'm going with Chicago at this point.

Granted, I don't know where loyalty plays into all of this. Is LeBron way more loyal than I give him credit for? I guess that's what makes this summer interesting. But if he isn't, I can't see why he wouldn't bolt for a place like Chicago. I do think Dallas can offer some of the same things that would be appealing for LeBron, but with the caveat being that our supporting cast is a lot older.
I could be wrong, but indeed I do think you are underestimating Lebron's loyalty a great deal. I don't have anything solid to back it up, but that's just the impression that I get from him. I think it would really pain him to leave Cleveland. Not only that, but I have to believe the spectra of Michael Jordan is going to be a factor into his decision as well.

I guess I just think it's going to take A LOT for him to leave Cleveland because of the way they've dominated the regular season the past couple of years. Lebron knows that even with the mediocre supporting cast he has there, they're only one small piece away from a title. Leaving Cleveland is NOT something he's going to do lightly. For him to bolt to another team, it has to be an almost guaranteed title, and I don't think Chicago qualifies (could be wrong.)

If I'm the Cavs' management, I'm doing everything I can to sweet-talk Lebron into taking his time making a decision, while trying to trade for a major supporting player in the meantime. The Cavs are certainly not helpless here. One good trade, and I'm almost positive Lebron will stay. And Lebron is undoubtedly going to consider all of his options thoroughly and talk to all potential suitors, so the Cavs have plenty of time to get a deal done as well.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 05-21-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote