View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #3410
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Markus needs some marketing help here. This is a discussion of game 7 elimination bad-ass-clutchiness.

Here is one comment..
"Wow, Dirk is just... wow. Most rebounds in game 7's, fewest turnovers, probably highest TS% as well. Just amazing. Labeling him as a choker was probably one of the most ridiculous thing ever in sport history. He is literally the complete opposite of that, and was even before 2011. A handful of bad games out of hundreds, and he got that label. Meanwhile some other player who has terrible elimination stats compared to other all-time greats, gets labeled as the "assassin". Just utterly ridiculous, and obviously goes beyond the sport itself."
I don't blame the fans as much as I blame the narrative based propaganda of sports media. ESPN harms legacies and spits on the hard work of dedicated players with a combination of misinformation and low rent sensationalist journalism the likes of which belongs in a $2 tabloid magazine.

Unfortunately they are able to frame majority opinion with this slop. Even more tragic when you consider the agendas at work in the media when it comes to social and political issues. Thank goodness for the internet, though it can be a cesspit that acts as a purveyor of ignorance, it is also a bastion of free thought and research free from the constraints of mass media.

Anyway I'll stop spewing the BS. Great analysis, just more evidence of how fortunate we Mavericks fans have been. Here's hoping for more clutch playoff performances this year.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote